This boat has been sold or desactivated.
Cruiser/racer from the year 1973 - 9m length - in California (United States)
Second hand boat
We are selling our ranger 29 (1973) because we are leaving the bay of San Francisco.
This boat is very well built. Designed by Gary Mull, she has been designed with an encapsulated fin keel, meaning the keel form is part of the mold and the ballast fills that cavity, so a solid structure with no keel bolts and no wobble. Her deck is also very robust. She hasn't shown a single leak since her maiden voyage, even after the decades of heavy storms that have passed over the San Francisco Bay!
If you are looking for day-sailer, she is fun, fast and is considered one of the best racing sailboats of the 30' class. Steering is with a tiller. All deck gear is working (winches, pulleys, etc.) and she comes with a full quiver of three extra sails and brand new Fortress AnchorShe is powered by an inboard motor, a Universal Atomic 4 (30hp) which is running.
Hull is in good condition. She has been cleaned and inspected every 3 months since we owned her. All zincs are new. Rudder is an internally-mounted spade-type skeg rudder. Antifouling paint is still on but she will need to be repaint soon.
Inside, she is quite roomy for a 29 foot boat. You have a V-berth in the front and a large quarter-berth to sleep, plus 2 comfortable benches that frame a wooden, winged fold-down table in the central salon. The wood paneling inside makes for a very comfortable environment.All cabling and electricity was rebuilt last year. This includes new batteries, inverter and all plugs custom-fit for a computer geek, allowing you to recharge all your 110v electronics, tv or computers with ease.
Some work is still pending.
- The motor : The packing gland need to be adjust to be leaking at the right flowThe control lever needs to be smoothed
- The plumbing : plumbing hoses have been removed by the previous owner and the sinks (bathroom and kitchen) need to be re-silicon. In a way, it's a good news as you don't want to have to drink water from a 50 years old plumbing system. A new water tank (between $80 and $100), an on-demand water pump and faucet ($120) and new hose ($0.6 p/foot) is what you need if you want a modern refit. If not, the 35 gallons water tank is still on and operational
- The toilets
They also have been removed by the previous owner. These can be easily replaced with a range of options : from the portable toilet ($80-$150) or to a setup with toilet and holding tank separated ($200-$700), depending how fancy you want to get.
Equipment on deck :
- 41' aluminium mast
- Full set of sails : main, jib, 1 spinnaker and 2 storms jib
- 6 winches
- 1 compass
- Dodger is used (should be eventually repaired)
- Running, tri-color and anchor lights are all working
- Windlass & Danforth anchor (Fortress)
- Sleeps 6
- New cushions.
- Alcohol stove installed but not plugged
- A single sink in the bathroom and in the kitchen with no faucet (to be reinstalled)
- 35 gallons water tank under the V birth
- An icebox (50lb)
- Bilge electrical
- Lots of storage
Year : 1973
Length: 9.00 m
Location: California (United States)
Shipyard: RANGER YACHTS
Beam: 2,84 m
Draft: 1,42 m
Ballast: 1420 Kg
Displacement: 3039 Kg
Maximum number of passengers: 6
Water capacity: -
Number of engines: 1
Power: 30 HP
Fuel capacity: -
Motor type : Inboard
Fuel type : Premium Unleaded Fuel
Make of the motor: UNIVERSAL
Engine usage (hours): -
ENTRADA DE CORRIENTE EXTERNA, INVERSOR,
MAYOR, 2 GENOVA, 1 SPI, 6 WINCHES, Windlass & Danforth anchor (Fortress)
Information from the shipyard catalogue. This data could vary from the data about the boat on sale published by the advertiser,
You can unsubscribe from your alerts whenever you like. By pressing the button you accept the Legal Terms and Conditions